Senior Software Engineer
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing business. Help us with the digital transformation of the construction industry!
Biosite provides software and hardware solutions designed to optimise operational efficiency, improve health and safety, and ensure compliance for construction projects.
Our purpose is to support the digital transformation of the construction industry by developing innovative hardware and software solutions to give our customers control of their sites. Underpinned by a unique biometric algorithm, our products offer solutions for workforce management, task management, material management and fire safety & security. At the heart of all Biosite solutions is the capture of quality data that is converted to valuable real-time insight, enabling our customers to make more informed decision making.
Joining one of our core development teams, you will be responsible for helping us to design, develop, and deliver these solutions to our customers. We strive to make innovation a core part of our business, so teams are empowered to make their own technology choices, continuously engaged in the design process, and given 10% of their time to invest however they see fit.
The position will report to the Engineering Manager and is fully remote.
Main responsibilities and expectations
– Developing new features and solutions
– Ownership and support for your team’s systems that are in production
– Writing unit and feature tests for your code
– Participating in code review with other developers
– Engaging with your team’s sprint meetings and planning your own work
– Seeking ways to improve the team’s products and processes
– Review and approve others’ code, identifying potential bugs or maintenance issues.
– Identify ways other developers can improve their code, and help them understand why it is better.
– Identify ways other developers can improve their working process, and help them to implement it.
Key working relationships (internal and external)
– Product Owner
– QA & Software Engineers
– Support Engineers.
Your Profile: Qualifications, experience, knowledge and behaviours
– Understanding and experience with one of the following:
– Developing complex C++ server applications
– React, implementation and maintenance of complex React front ends
– PostgreSQL, database design, querying, and query optimisation
– Linux, use as a development platform, implementation and maintenance for production Linux systems.
– Bachelors or similar degree in relevant field
– Knowledge of the construction industry
– Familiarity with Angular and Angular.js
– Familiarity with React and React.js
– Experience with Docker and containerisation.
The role is fully remote, but occasional travel for team meetings, training, and other ad-hoc events may be required.
– Salary commensurate with experience
– Flexible hours, 40 hrs a week with core hours between 10am and 4pm (GMT)
– 24 days leave, increasing 1 day/year after 2 years of employment
– Company pension scheme
– 10% time available to work on your own projects and ideas
To apply for this role click on this link https://assaabloy.jobs2web.com/job-invite/15129/