Senior Support Engineer
Can you bring an innovative eye to our digital customer experience? Join our team in the UK and enjoy a collaborative culture that empowers you to build a career you can be proud of.
What you would do as our Senior Software Engineer
Help us with the digital transformation of the construction industry! Biosite provides software and hardware solutions designed to optimise operational efficiency, improve health and safety, and ensure compliance for construction projects. Our purpose is to support the digital transformation of the construction industry by developing innovative hardware and software solutions to give our customers control of their sites. Underpinned by a unique biometric algorithm, our products offer solutions for workforce management, task management, material management and fire safety & security.
At the heart of all Biosite solutions is the capture of quality data that is converted to valuable real-time insight, enabling our customers to make more informed decision making. Joining one of our core development teams, you will be responsible for helping us to design, develop, and deliver these solutions to our customers. We strive to make innovation a core part of our business, so our teams are empowered to make their own technology choices, continuously engaged in the design process, and given 10% of their time to invest however they see fit. The position will report to the Engineering Manager and is fully remote.
In this role you will:
– Develop new features and solutions
– Have ownership and support for your team’s systems that are in production
– Write unit and feature tests for your code
– Participate in code review with other developers
– Engage with your team’s sprint meetings and plan your own work
– Seek ways to improve the team’s products and processes.
The skills and experience you need
We are looking for someone who has:
Understanding and experience with one of the following:
– Developing complex C++ server applications
– React, implementation and maintenance of complex React front ends
– PostgreSQL, database design, querying, and query optimisation
– Linux, use as a development platform, implementation and maintenance for production Linux systems.
Ideally, you would also have the following:
– Bachelors or similar degree in relevant field
– Knowledge of the construction industry
– Familiarity with Angular and Angular.js
– Experience with Docker and containerisation.
– Salary commensurate with experience
– Flexible hours, 37.5 hrs a week with core hours between 10am and 4pm (GMT/BST)
– 24 days leave, increasing 1 day/year after 2 years of employment
– Company pension scheme
– 10% time available to work on your own projects and ideas.
Travel – The role is fully remote, but occasional travel for team meetings, training, and other ad-hoc events may be required.
To apply for this role click on this link https://assaabloy.jobs2web.com/job/Solihul-Senior-Software-Engineer-ENG-B90-4NG/989360801/