Biosite Systems Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting ww.www.biositesystems.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, business address and phone number.
- Information we collect when you call us. If you call us we will automatically collect the following information:
– the phone number used to call us; and
– a recording of all inbound and outbound calls.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
– to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
– to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email or by telephone with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
– to notify you about changes to our service;
– to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
– to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
– as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
– to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Retention of your information
We will keep information about you for a maximum of 6 year after the end of our relationship with you unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are required to remove such data from our records.
We will keep telephone records up to 6 months from the time the recording was made.
Disclosure of your information
We will share your personal information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006; and
- selected third parties including:
– business partners, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
– customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our services.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
We take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at Biosite Systems Limited, Lancaster House, Drayton Road, Shirley, Solihull, West Midlands, England, B90 4NG or emailing us at email@example.com. You have the right:
• to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes;
• to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
• to ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest;
• to request from us access to personal information held about you;
• to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed or the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation;
• to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing); and
• to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not satisfied with the processing of your data you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) which is the supervisory authority for data protection in the UK. We request that you first bring any complaint to our attention before contacting the ICO so that we may take appropriate action to resolve the issue.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
Data protection legislation gives you the right to access, rectify or erase information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the data protection legislation. You can make an access request by writing to Biosite Systems Limited, Lancaster House, Drayton Road, Shirley, Solihull, West Midlands, England, B90 4NG. Any access request will be processed as required by law. We will provide you with a copy of any personal data undergoing processing free of charge. For any further copies requested by you, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
Last updated: April 2018