Biosite are delighted that their Wireless Fire Alarm has been shortlisted for the ‘New Product (Electronic) of the year’ Award at the British Engineering Excellence Awards (BEEAs).
MA Business, publishers of New Electronics and Eureka magazines, have announced the shortlist for this year’s British Engineering Excellence Awards (BEEAs). See the shortlist here.
Hosted by broadcaster and journalist, Steph McGovern, the winners of this year’s Awards will be revealed on Thursday 6 October at The Honourable Artillery Club (HAC) in London.
Some 250 people from the UK’s engineering community will come together to recognise the achievements of all shortlisted organisations.
About Biosite’s Wireless Fire Alarms
Wireless fire alarms with first aid call points, intelligent, safety compliant & cost effective. Biosite’s Wireless Fire Alarm solution protects your workforce on site, whilst ensuring your compliance with HSE regulations.
- Built in wall mounting brackets – easy to mount to walls, fire-stands and ceilings.
- Simple and cost effective battery change – no skilled labour or special equipment required.
- Long-life battery pack.
- Intelligent digital mesh network technology – enhanced radio range (Power – 250mW) tested to over 4 kilometers.
- Independent reset function for First Aid and Fire Alarm on call point.
- Fully wireless interconnecting alarm with integrated first aid call point – allows for localised base station alerts.
- Single or double knock options – minimises work disruption due to false alarms.
- Provision of smoke detectors, heat detectors, trolleys and extinguishers.
- Adjustable sounder volume – can be set according to site conditions.
- GSM (SMS) text messaging – out-of-hours notification (information only).
- IP rated weatherproof external call points with first aid.
- On-site support – backed up by Biosite field engineers – on call availability.
- Base station with detailed display to include: number of units connected, low battery alerts and notification of unit removal.
Unleash real value
Biosite’s fully wireless interconnecting alarm with first aid call points is designed to be re-used on multiple projects. The solution is simple to set up on site and easy to re-configure when you want to add or remove units.
Complying with latest legislation
- Joint Code of Practice (JCOP) where detection and alarms are used during the construction or renovation phase of the building
- HSE (HSG168; 223)
- Marked and tested by an accredited independent 3rd party
- Category 1 receiver – ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute)