Following a stringent tender process, Bristol-based operation, BAM Western has selected Biosite as its standardised access control system.
With a team of 185 people and a supply chain of around 1,000 firms, BAM Construction’s £120m turnover Western region requires consistent systems to ensure secure and efficient operations across their sites.
Having previously used multiple suppliers across its region, BAM Western knew that by standardising access control and workforce management systems it would benefit from better economies of scale as well as more intelligent data, which would enhance decision making.
BAM Western was already aware of the benefits Biosite could bring through its sister company BAM Plant.
Andrew Hilton, Commercial Contracts Manager, BAM Plant comments, ”BAM Plant is BAM’s dedicated Plant business and plays an essential role in almost all BAM projects. Our activities cover a wide range of mechanical and non-mechanical equipment, from site accommodation and communication links to electrical installation and fabrication services. BAM Plant had already supplied many BAM sites with Biosite and therefore we were confident in the breadth of functionality and service levels they could provide the Western region.”
In order to evaluate the market, BAM Western held an access control tender review workshop where numerous suppliers were invited to demonstrate their systems. All companies were scored on the same criteria: service support, software, hardware, reports, future development, ease of use, support, security and cost.
Graham Kingdon, BAM Western’s Construction Director comments: “Following a rigorous selection process, we chose to partner with Biosite for the provision of biometric site access, security and workforce management solutions for our Western region sites. As BAM Plant already had a solid relationship with Biosite it made sense for us to source Biosite solution via BAM Plant. We were particularly impressed with Biosite’s reporting capability at group level and their integrated product offering and ability to scale in the future. In addition, we were confident that Biosite would support our initiative to increase our use of apprentices and people who were previously unemployed. Through the precise recording of time spent on site by these categories, we can now accurately report internally and externally. Moreover, we can set ourselves ambitious targets to ensure we constantly improve our performance.”
Li Wang, Managing Director of Biosite Systems comments: “We are delighted that Biosite has been selected as the standardised access control solution for BAM Western region. We are confident that our system will improve efficiencies and give directors a global view of projects and data. By using Biosite across multiple sites, BAM Western will benefit from enhanced decision making and cost savings – through the capture and analysis of information relating to operative and site performance. We look forward to building on our partnership with BAM Western and BAM Plant in years to come.”
By investing in Biosite technology, BAM Western will benefit from:
- Secure site access based on unique biometric and accreditation information, time and attendance reporting, online induction and integrated wireless fire alarms.
- Standardised processes across all sites whilst giving full traceability and detailed reporting.
- Efficient and smooth induction for subcontractors and avoidance of duplicated administration.
- Reliable, user friendly, biometric access control capable of processing low quality fingerprints and avoiding the fraudulent use of ID cards or pin numbers.
- Prior to working on site, the workforce (BAM & its supply chain) has the required CSCS card and comply with the Build UK Training Standard.
- Only those operatives with appropriate CSCS and CSPS accreditation are able to gain access to site.
- Reduced risk through the creation of a robust audit trail and health and safety records.
- Integrated near miss reporting – a fast and efficient way of reporting near misses.
Click here to find out more about biometric Access Control from Biosite or call 0121 374 2939 to book your demo today !