Mercury – the NEW Wireless Fire Alarm System for the construction industry
Introducing Mercury – the revolutionary new Wireless Fire Alarm System for the construction industry
Intelligent. Safety compliant. Cost effective.
Biosite, the market leading technology provider for the construction industry, today announced immediate availability of its new Mercury Wireless Fire Alarm system.
Comprised of a fully wireless interconnecting system: Base Station, Fire Alarm with First Aid Call Point, Smoke/Heat detector, Mercury is feature rich and offers cost effective, robust protection for construction sites and workers.
Matt Sadler, Head of Sales at Biosite comments, “The development of Mercury has been driven by customer feedback and is part of Biosite’s commitment to continually deliver innovative products that address the increasing health and safety needs of the construction industry. With in house research, development and production capability, we have been able to respond rapidly to market needs, whilst ensuring costs are competitive and our products are made to the highest standards.”
Product highlights include:
Innovative Base Station
- Ability to zone and integrated evacuation button – keep equipment to a minimum and costs low.
- Detailed display on Base Station: number of units connected, low battery alerts and notification of unit removal.
- Single or double knock options – minimises work disruption due to false alarms.
Cutting edge technology
- Online portal enables remote monitoring.
- History log showing system check results, silent testing and alarm activations.
- Intelligent digital mesh network technology provides enhanced radio range.
- All units automatically perform an integrity check every two minutes..
Robust, reliable and easy to use
- 3 year battery life.
- IP rated weatherproof external Call Points.
- Simple to set up and easy to re-configure when adding or removing units.
Intuitive and user friendly
- Independent reset function for First Aid and Fire Alarm on Call Point.
- GSM (SMS) text messaging for efficient out-of-hours notification.
- Integrates with Biosite Access Control. Turnstile will go into free spin upon evacuation (bi directional to allow evacuation out and emergency services in). Automatic generation of roll-call by subcontractor.
Accredited and compliant
- Marked and tested by an accredited independent third party.
- Category 1 receiver – ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute).
- HSE (HSG168; 223).
- Complies to Joint Code of Practice (JCOP) where detection and alarms are used during the construction or renovation phase of the building.*
Biosite will be showcasing Mercury at the Safety & Health Expo at ExCeL London: 20-22 June 2017, stand M140. Register to attend here.
Get in touch today to book your FREE demo:
Call 0121 374 2939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Excluding temporary accommodation units where they are: Inside the building under construction/renovation. Inside another permanent building or within 10m of such building(s).