Director & Head of Europe
We are looking for an experienced Director & Head of Europe to join our expanding team.
Following our successful acquisition by ASSA ABLOY and our continued success in the UK market, Biosite (or ASSA ABLOY Construction) is moving rapidly into international markets. This international expansion is the corner stone of the 5 year strategy. Our aim is to build significant market presence over the next 5 years and the Head of Europe will significantly input into the strategy and be responsible for the implementation for the expansion into Europe.
Biosite provides technology-enabled solutions that have been specifically designed to optimise operational efficiency, improve health and safety and ensure compliance for construction projects.
Biosite’s purpose is to support the transformation of the construction industry, by being innovators in developing technology and software solutions that give our customers peace of mind that they are in control of their sites. Underpinned by a unique biometric algorithm Biosite provides market-leading software solutions for workforce management, task management, material management and fire safety & security. At the heart of all Biosite solutions is the capture of quality data that is converted to valuable real-time insight, enabling our customers to make more informed decision making.
The position will report to Senior Vice President and Head of Construction and will form part of the senior leadership team of the business area.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
– Focus relentlessly on the sales and operational growth of the business unit. This will require both short- and long-term planning covering the growth journey as well as adopting of existing resources and markets.
– Build market knowledge and customer relations, feeding this back into the R&D function to ensure the product is fit-for-purpose and applicable to achieve success in the European Market.
– Develop and implement a recruitment plan to support the rapid forecasted growth as well as monitoring and adapting this throughout the growth journey. Oversight of onboarding & training is a key part of this process and key to individuals’ success.
– Initiate, develop and manage operational procedures to allow smooth customer experience for installation, maintenance, and on-going support. This will also require collaboration with the UK business and senior leadership.
– Build brand presence in Europe
– Management of 6 existing members of the team (4 in Sweden, 1 in France and 1 in the UK but focused on Fire Products in Europe)
– Develop a suite of KPIs to track team and individual performance
– Partner with the Global Business Development Director on key large opportunities and growth strategy
– Develop deep product knowledge
– Provide leadership and mentorship and help cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging
– Any tasks appropriate for growing the business – some of which won’t be foreseen as this is a new role and new market for Biosite. Vision, flexibility and adaptability are key to this role.
– Ensure operational capability keeps pace with sales growth
– Identify potential M&A targets and assist with due diligence.
Key working relationships (internal and external)
– Customers, understand and interpret their requirement
– Suppliers (internal and external)
– Direct reports
– Global Business Development Director
– Business Area functions (finance, product management, Operations, HR etc).
Person Profile: Essential qualifications, experience, knowledge and behaviours:
– Significant experience of general management
– Entrepreneurial mindset with experience in high growth environments
– Commercially astute with the ability to structure deals in innovative ways to drive growth and new business
– Skilled in operations and team building
– The ability to build relationship across all levels the organisation
– Resilient can-do attitude
– Strong communicator at all levels
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Strategic planner with clear and decisive implementation
– Travel across Europe as required.
– 24 days leave, increasing 1 day/year after 2 years of employment
– Pension contributions at 5% of salary
– Car allowance
– As required including international
To apply for this role click on this link https://assaabloy.jobs2web.com/job-invite/15198/