2nd Line Support Engineer
The 2nd Line support engineer is responsible for assisting in delivering a first class support service to mainly internal staff of Biosite Systems as well as their external customers. Internally acting primarily in a 1st line support capacity, resolving issues over the phone or via remote connectivity with addition in a 2nd line support for external customers. The role is varied and requires a real team player who has the ability to manage their time efficiently and prioritise or escalate technical issues to ensure a prompt closure.
Location: First four weeks in the office, B90 4NG, then remote
Key working relationships
– Close working relationships with internal customers. Limited contact with external customers.
– Daily monitoring of the support calls logging system
– Logging of all activity in the internal ticket system
– Providing fast support for field internal teams(Sales, Install, Service) as a 1st line support
– Providing 2nd line technical support, responding to customer’s queries across UK and Europe
– Providing technical expertise within newly won projects
– To maintain a high degree of customer service when responding to support issues
– To take ownership of support cases and seek closure ensuring all relevant support procedures are followed
– Escalation of more complex calls to the relevant support team member or other departments.
Knowledge and expertise
– Proven experience in a similar IT support role with end user facing responsibilities
– Previous 1st line support experience or equivalent
– Previous experience of a call logging systems and remote support tools.
– A good understanding of PC hardware and peripheral devices
– A good understanding of server environments
– A good understanding of networking & routing.
– Experience of debian based linux – basics in system structure, networking and diagnostics.
– Personal resilience and be skilled at working in challenging and frustrating situations
– High emotional intelligence with good self-awareness and an understanding of how others’ see him/her in role
– Able to adapt own approach and style to the situation
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Time management – proficient in planning, organising and managing workload to maximise efficiency
– Active Listening – identifies the key elements of others’ communications and gathers further relevant information through effective questioning, listening and summarising
– A team player and communicator who engages their peers to drive for continuous improvement.
We are the ASSA ABLOY Group
Our people have made us the global leader in access solutions. In return, we open doors for them wherever they go. With nearly 51,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries, we help billions of people experience a more open world. Our innovations make all sorts of spaces – physical and virtual – safer, more secure, and easier to access.
As an employer, we value results – not titles, or backgrounds. We empower our people to build their career around their aspirations and our ambitions – supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally.
As we welcome new people on board, it’s important to us to have diverse, inclusive teams, and we value different perspectives and experiences.
To apply for this role click on this link https://assaabloy.jobs2web.com/job/Solihul-2nd-Line-Support-Engineer-ENG-B90-4NG/869157901/