Junior Software Engineer / Junior Web Developer
Biosite provides technology-enabled services that have been specifically designed to optimise operational efficiency, improve health and safety and ensure compliance for construction projects.
Biosite’s purpose is to support the transformation of the construction industry, by being innovators in developing technology and software solutions that give customers peace of mind that they are in control of their sites. Underpinned by a unique biometric algorithm, Biosite provides market-leading software solutions for workforce management, task management, material management and fire safety & security. At the heart of all Biosite solutions is the capture of quality data that is converted to valuable real-time insight, enabling our customers to make more informed decision making.
The company’s adaptable and proactive culture empowers staff to utilise their talent and continue the drive for continuous improvement.
We’re a diverse team who look to use the right tool to solve the problem at hand, we use a broad range of technologies – so there’s plenty of opportunity to learn new things and grow as an engineer. Our products present a broad range of technical challenges, everything from complex distributed systems to sophisticated front ends for presenting large volumes of information. We like to challenge our teams to build the best products, with the best technologies.
We have a modern structure, with cross-functional agile teams supported by inter-team chapters that focus on specific skill sets. Our agile implementation isn’t just a token effort at Scrum, we believe in delivering quality working software to our customers as soon as we can!
The position will report directly to the Head of Software and is located at our Solihull office.
- Passionate about delivering quality products
- A technical degree
- A good understanding of the software development process
- Well organised, punctual, and a strong communicator
- Experience working in cross-functional, collaborative, agile environments
- Experience with some of our front end technologies, including Angular.js, Angular, React, and React Native, or native app development
- Experience with some of our back end technologies, including C++, Node.js, Python/Django, Postgresql, and Couchbase
Salary and benefits
- Flexible hours, 40 hrs/week with core hours from 10-4
- Work-from-home days negotiable
- 24 days leave, increasing 1 day/year after 2 years of employment
- Contribution to a gym membership of your choice
- 10% time available to use on your own projects and ideas
- Company pension scheme
- Varied work with plenty of opportunity to experiment with new technologies
- Competitive salary