Production Technician (Mechanical Assembly) x 2
Biosite Systems Ltd is a rapidly growing technology company which is focused on providing biometric and construction site safety solutions to the UK market. Our industry leading products are manufactured in the UK and our recent success means that we need to further expand our production workforce.
We currently have a vacancy for a Production Technician working from our new Headquarters and factory facility in Shirley, Birmingham.
Your daily tasks will be based around the following activities:
- Mechanical assembly of our turnstile products – ranging from detailed assembly of the control mechanism to final assembly of the finished product.
- Running wiring looms through the assembled products and completing final wiring connections.
- Installing our access control products and other items into bespoke steel cabins – ready for shipping directly to our clients.
- Final testing and sign-off of all of our access control products.
- Refurbishing rental equipment ready for use once again.
- Assisting with general order preparation, receiving goods inwards and helping to maintain a safe and pleasant working environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within a mechanical / electrical assembly environment and will have a deep understanding of mechanical principles. Excellent attention to detail and workmanship standards are required as well as in depth knowledge of the correct operation of various kinds of hand tools and associated processes.
A current counterbalance fork lift truck license is desired, but not essential.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary competitive depending on ability and experience
- Pension contributions
- Varied work with plenty of opportunity to experiment with new technologies